Modest & Predictable Taxes:
– Produced four budgets that kept the mill rate increase within the BET guideline of 2% to 4% despite a very challenging economic environment.
Support for our Emergency Services:
– Coordinated efforts to keep Greenwich prepared for emergencies, including positioning Western Greenwich Civic Center to FEMA standards, adding an emergency generator through state grant funds.
– Reorganized the command structure of Police Department to better serve and protect town residents.
– Secured state funding to add dry hydrants and cisterns (water sources) to aid firefighting in the back country.
– Successfully led the effort to fund and begin construction of the Greenwich High School MISA (Musical Instructional Space and Auditorium) Project.
– Developed capital plan that annually funds school facility improvements to an acceptable standard.
Continued Support of our Seniors:
– Led the effort to expand income eligibility for the senior property tax relief ordinance and to increase the amount of benefit available to seniors.
– Supports ongoing efforts to renew and improve the Nathaniel Witherell skilled nursing facility.
Respect for the Environment and Protecting Neighborhood Character:
– Implemented the Plan of Conservation and Development (POCD) to meet the needs of a 21st century suburban town.
– Working with Public Works and Greenwich Recycling Advisory Board to implement Single Stream Recycling to reduce waste hauling and improve the environment.
Open and Transparent Government:
– Established an Advistory Committee for People with Disabilities to represent and support our fellow citizens for an independent lifestyle.
– Partnered with the League of Women Voters, Ethics Board, and Human Resources staff to adopt an ethics policy for town employees.